Summit Times

Friday, September 15, 2006

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Thank you to all of Millie Garfield's (My Mom's Blog) readers who have traveled to this page and shared your supportive and encouraging comments. This is my first experience with blogging (thanks to Millie!) and I have been impressed by the sense of community.

This community blog was created during Millie's presentation at Summit (My Mom's Blog, September 1, 2006 post) as a way of demonstrating to everyone how easy it is to start--we were all learning together.

Though the hope was that it would become another way for the community at Summit to connect, it was unclear at first what would happen.... Who would dare to try it?! But rest assured--the seed planted on that Tuesday afternoon, in that very crowded room, among the attentive audience, is taking root. There is talk of others joining in--so stay tuned!

Susan

4 Comments:

  • Susan

    What a beautiful post!

    Perfect, perfect, perfect!! A seed planted and then comes growth.

    I'm so happy you laid the "ground work" for our next blogger.

    By Blogger Mildred Garfield, at 6:50 PM  

  • Hi Susan, I am so impressed with your endeavors of this community blog.
    This is really cool to have the community at Summit Estates express themselves. Thank you for putting this together. Nanci B. West Bldg

    By Anonymous nanci B, at 10:12 PM  

  • Very cool! I am not an elderblogger. I'm a baby boomer. But I want to say 'Welcome'!

    By Anonymous Rhea, at 9:13 PM  

  • Anxiously awaiting more posts. Loved the flower photo! Welcome to blogging.

    By Blogger saz, at 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home